Monday, March 11, 2013

Sympathy

Happy Monday!! Hope you all had a GREAT weekend!! We did! The weather was amazing yesterday so we could spent the day outside together (even baby Taylah!). We went to Grandma and Grandpa's to go tobagganing, then over to our Uncles's to go for a horse/wagon ride and then some visiting while all the kids played. It was the perfect way to end winter... Now the snow can take a hike! :) 

Today I have a sympathy card to share. This card is such an exception to my regular cards because I didn't even use my cameo!!!! 


Usually I try to keep my sympathy cards pretty simple and elegant. I wanted to try to keep it to one color, so I used clear embossing powder for my background swirls. The butterfly was from a Martha Stewart punch with a little ink along it's wings to make sure it stood out from the paper. 


Here is what I used to make my card...
- Pink By Design Swirl background stamp
- Pink By Design Sympathy set
- Martha Stewart butterfly punch
- clear and white embossing powder
- Recollections pearls
- Colorbox Fluid Chalk Ink

Thanks so much for stopping by!!! 

2 comments:

Debbie said...

Sympathy cards are not the easiest to make but this one is wonderful!! That soft teal is so pretty and the embossing is gorgeous!!

Pam said...

Your card is lovely!
Pam
scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com