Thursday, December 8, 2011

Erica's Craft Room 25 Days of Christmas - Calendars



Welcome to Erica's Craft Room 25 Days of Christmas,
with 25 Cricut projects a day.
Don't forget to stop by Erica's blog to see 24 more projects today....
and every day in December.

I have been making a lot of cards so for in these 25 days of Christmas so I was happy to come up with something different this time!! It's a Christmas Countdown 'Calendar'. 



I used a dry erase marker to write the number of days until Christmas on the glass of the frame.





Here is the supplies I used to make this card...

- Gypsy Wanderings
- Pink By Design Small Banners set
- cross stitching thread
- Recollections paper
- 8x10 picture frame
- dry erase marker

This was sooo simple to make!! I started off with a piece of Recollections paper with threes and swirls on it as my base. I then cut a "square" using Gypsy Wanderings, and another one slightly larger. I used the small banners stamp set by Pink By Design to make my banner. Then I took some cross stitching thread and twisted it to make burgundy and green "twine" for the banner. I added the 'christmas countdown' title which was cut from a sheet of Recollections paper and adhered it on. I put the frame back together and used a black dry erase marker to write the number of days until Christmas. 

Hope you liked this idea!! 

12 comments:

Jessica Buffa said...

Candace, this is such a fantastic idea...LOVE IT! I really like the soft tones you used and the adorable banner!
:O)
Jessica

Jamie said...

Such a cool idea! Love it!

Jamie
http://jamiek711designs.blogspot.com/

Cathy said...

Great project idea, looks beautiful.

Lezlye said...

Great Job! Love it! Thanks for playing with scrappy moms stamps!

carol said...

Great idea. Very nice.

Doris P. said...

so love your warm calendar colors!! parkernana5@cox.net

Josie0602 said...

Oh I love this!!!! So pretty!! Can I borrow this idea for my gift making this year?
Tracy

Jen R said...

Wow...I love this idea! TFS!
Jenny R
myimagitivity.blogspot.com

Tonya said...

This is awesome! I LOVE this idea and it's so pretty. Great job.

Tonya
ittybittyladybugs.blogspot.com

Scrappy Mel said...

What a great idea! Thank you for playing along with us at Scrappy Moms Stamps!

- Mel

Jessica Buffa said...

Candace, thank you for supporting the Divas and linking this fabulous frame countdown to Christmas to our Blog Hop giveaway! Good Luck!
:O)
Jessica

Saundra said...

So pretty! Thank you for sharing with us at SMS!