Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Twinkle Toes

Good morning bloggers!! So this morning hasn't started off overly great for me... I was walking up the stairs with my camera (and today's project) in my hands and I stumbled, fell and broke my camera lens!! :( Luckily I was on my way up the stairs AFTER I just took pics of my project! I have already placed an order for a new lens so hopefully it won't take too long to get here. I use it everyday so I hope it gets here fast!! Anyways, onto today's project!

My Aunt asked me to make her a bag and matching card to give to her friend's daughter. She wanted something to do with dance since this girl is a dancer. I automatically thought of using soft colors but this girl is a teenager so I thought some "older" colors might be a better choice. I love how it turned out!!



Details....
- little ballerina is cut from Once Upon A Princess but her hair is cut from Paper Doll Dressup. I love the Once Upon a Princess cart but I really don't like the princesses' hair or faces.... Luckily there is Peachy Keen stamps for the faces!! :) SO cute! I used Tattered Angels Glimmermist on her black bodysuit (as well as the black background. See pic below for glittery effect) which I LOVE!! I used Pearl here - it's the only color I have - and it looks awesome on black! This is one product I am so happy with! Instead of buying expensive glittery paper in select colors you can make your own using a regular cardstock that matches the papers you are already using!


- embelishment the dancer is on it cut from Gypsy Wanderings and the white layer is embossed with Divine Swirls Cuttlebug folder (as well as the pink layer underneath)
- 'Twinkle Toes' sentiment is from Pink By Design All Girl set (this is a GREAT set for everything girly!)

Challenges:
- Delicious Doodles HERE
- One Stop Craft Challenge HERE



I hope you like it!! I also hope the girl who is going to receive it likes it!!!


2 comments:

Jessica Buffa said...

Hi Candace,
So so sorry to hear about the camera. Nice save on the pics already being taken though....LOL! I just love your bags and matching cards. I look forward to viewing them all the time. This one is absolutely darling! Hope your lens arrives soon!
Jessica

Teri said...

Lovely to see you here at Delicious Doodles this week! Thanks for playing along with us, your bag is perfect!
Hugs,
Teri x